Spaces available in Early Reading programme
We have spaces available in our FREE Early Reading Together Programme, starting 15 November 2023.
The programme is a series of three short workshops, designed to support parents/whānau of children under 6 with their reading and literacy. It’s fun and interactive, suitable for any parent or caregiver with young tamariki. The programme also provides plenty of support for caregivers from diverse language/literacy, cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds. See additional information on flyer below.
- This new programme is designed to enhance the support that parents/whānau provide for children’s language and literacy
- For parents/caregivers of tamariki under 6
- 3 x workshops over three weeks
- Completely FREE for participants
- Starts Wednesday 15 November (with workshops also on 22 November and 29 November)
- Wednesdays 10.00-11.15am
- Register your interest by emailing [email protected] or calling 06 843 7280
Early Reading Together® is:
- designed to enhance the support which parents/whānau provide for their children’s language and literacy development
- a programme comprising 3 workshops over 3 weeks (each workshop lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes)
- specifically designed to support children and parents from diverse language/literacy, cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds
- implemented by experienced educators in ECE services, schools and community organisations, in collaboration with community librarians
- practical, user friendly, enjoyable and manageable for teachers, parents, librarians and children
- effective when it is implemented as described in the fully-scripted Workshop Leader’s Handbook
- based on a sound theoretical and research framework.
Early Reading Together® helps parents to:
- Understand more fully the ways in which talking with young children and reading to them (from the time they are babies) helps the child’s language and literacy development
- Explore additional ways of supporting children’s language and reading development when they are reading stories and rhymes, and singing songs together
- Find out more about books, rhymes and songs which are suitable for young children and enjoyable for them
- Borrow books and other resources from libraries, and access support from librarians.